Sunday, April 22, 2007

Revelation


Is the title of the song I am listening to at the moment.

I've had a couple of kind of important moments of revelation myself, recently. The first one was something that improved my life greatly, the middle one of utmost importance, and the other one is the thing that is ailing my life at the moment.



Firstly, when I was in high school, (it seems so long ago yet it was just last year...) I was friends with a girl who most would call a poser. I didn't see it at first but as summer break faded so did she. Along with 60 bucks she owed me, which I eventually got paid back... but let me start over.

This girl was the kind of person who only does and likes things because their friends do. She was supposedly very into Japanese culture, as I am, and she said that she really like Japanese music like me. Yet the only time she listened to it was when I was around. She not only copied my internet name but she copied my style, which is a mixture of prep, goth and punk. (Weird, I know.) She copied my strengths in school (history was the one that she mimiced) and pretty much follwed me everywhere. (Statements of a mutual friend.) She even tried to get a job at my workplace.



So I took her to the Family Values Concert last August. The only reason that I went was because Dir en Grey was there, and I desperatley wanted to see them, even if it was just once. I ended up being able to shake hands with the bassist and the lead guitarist, as did she. This was a very big thing for me, because I'm a very big fan, but she burst out sobbing. I didn't.

We lost touch.

The last one I mentioned is at my workplace, there is a girl creating hostility. It involves me, and her, obviously. We used to be friends, but she and I fell out after she went through a management certification two months later than me. She became obsesive with the job, and started acting superior to everyone that we work with, even though everyone had seniority over her, that didn't stop it.

Last week I recieved a text messege stating that we could play nice at work but we were not friends. Like that wasn't known before, but on top of that she started telling one of my best friends that I was trash talking her to everyone around the place when I did no such thing and I don't know where she got such an idea.

Work place drama sucks.

My dad said that I don't need people like that in my life, and I am better off without her friendship. Just like the previous story, I am sure once she gets over the power trip of this job, she will quit and eventually loose touch with us at work as well.

These aren't good revelations, but they are, none the less revelations.

No comments: