My title might be very misleading, because when you think of Goth, most people think of the high school kids that wear their clothes straight out of Hot Topic who are supposed to be depressed or whatever. When I think of Goth, I think of clothing and architecture styles, but even I was called a Goth a lot when I took karate classes. Black, being one of my favorite colors, is what I wear the most of, which makes many people assume I am a Goth. I am more interested in the Gothic Lolita fashion of Not all Goth clothing is black, quite the contrary, actually. If one looks around hard enough, they can see that deep blues and purples, as well as crimson reds are used heftily in Goth fashion. Also, if you look back through Japanese rock’s fashions, most bands went through ‘Goth’ phases, which were later moved out of, like all phases. Mana stuck to it though, and continues to create amazing peices.
2 comments:
This is a very interesting free write about goth and clothing. Well I have personall not looked into gothic culture before but I have been curious to know what it really entailed.
I am surprised that wearing black is not a fashion symbol for gothic culture. It is quite informative to know that other colors also are part of gothic fashion.
I also think that choosing fashion as something you want to do is great because there are so many interesting things you can do with fashion.
Like you said in this post that when most people think of Goth they think of people dress in black and most people feel creepy about the subject Goth. I had this stereotype towards goth as well. It is probably the exposure that I had in high school that pulls me to this stereotype. I am not familiar with this subject at all so I can't really say a lot about it. But in a sence goth is just a way of expressing yourself. And I think your writing gave a little preview on gothic fasion.
Post a Comment