
There are two different concerts in Los Angeles that I want to go to, and I won't be able to. The first is a Korean pop concert, which is having many different artists, some of which I listen to and some of which I don't. Later, around the 25, there is a Japanese Rock Revolution concert, which is what I would die to go to. There are going to be MANY artists there that I like. This is not fair, it's not fair that all the Japanese and Korean artists I listen to are going to L.A. and no where else, because I cannot afford to go to either and I will miss out.
You're probably thinking, "This girl is strange, she's not Asian at all but she likes this stuff?"
Allow me to ellaborate... when I was in eigth grade I was introduced back into Japanese anime by a girl I knew. I used to watch Sailor Moon and Pokemon, but this new phase was unlike any other. It launched something that has laste six or so years with me. After I got really obsessive with Dragon Ball Z (which I insisted on watching in Japanese on the International Channel,) I started to listen to the Japanese music which was on those said shows. Once I fell into the InuYasha string, I found Ayumi Hamasaki, and she launched all of what I know today. When on an Ayu fansite I found the music artist Gackt. Gackt used to be in a visual kei band known as Malice Mizer, which led into Mana, the guitarist of Malice Mizer is now in a band called Moi Dix Mois. Watching different visual bands eventually led to Dir en Grey, who led to La;Sadies, which led to X-Japan because the old drummer of X used to produce Dir en grey. X Japan then led to Luna Sea, because the drummer and the guitarist are friends. It's all a chain, all this happened because of anime and that one girl in middle school.
No comments:
Post a Comment