Thursday, March 1, 2007

Freewrite; My Fat Cat

My cat, his name is Adam and he has got to be one of the puffiest cats I have ever seen in my life. He weighs about 20 pounds, on a good day, and sometimes he can be more annoying than my little brother.

We got him when he was a year old, about three years ago, from Petsmart. Now, instead of cowering away from people like he used to, he trots up to the front door any time it’s opened. He loves to go outside, but as part of our contract with Petsmart we couldn’t let him be an outdoor cat… so instead he has a harness and a leash. It’s really odd to see a cat being walked on a leash and I really wish that I had some pictures of it.

All of my friends say that he’s an adorable cat, and one of my friends from high school told off another kid because he was saying things about how fat he is. She said “Shut up! Her cat’s adorable!” Oh if only she knew how bad things can get. I’m in the process of learning how to construct clothing and I have a whole table in the back of my family room devoted to it. This is where I keep my sewing machine, my pins, scissors, thread, and everything else that I might need. This is also where Adam has a field day, because of all the thread that’s on rolls. Once he gets wired up on catnip, he jumps up onto my table, scattering thread, knocking over the pin cushions, and generally making a mess of everything that I have laid out. Just last night, he knocked over my newest project, the top part of a dress (which I failed at making my own pattern to) and ripped some of the older patterns I had sitting out. This morning, as I was looking at the dress shirt patterns I have, he came and pounced on the thin paper, which wrinkled and tore some of it.

Cute. Okay, if you say so.

Another tendency that everyone thinks odd of Adam is cleaning up. Let’s face it; he throws up, a lot. It’s quite an annoyance, because guess who has to clean it up most of the time? Yet, he makes it easier, because after he vomits, he paws at it, pulling it all into a little pile. While this experience is still revolting, he makes it a little easier by doing that, and it’s also something that’s very odd. No one else I have talked to has told me their cats do that. So, yeah he is interesting, and he is cute. But he is also annoying, and a little brat.

No comments: